Thursday, July 16, 2009

People Improve with Age

I was watching The Nanny tonight (Episode: A Kiss is Just a Kiss) and Fran was bumbed out because of her age and she was up in her room depressed. Mr. Sheffield felt sorry for her and came up to her room to encourage her. He said something very beautiful that really touched her, and me, to hear it. He said "People improve with age, like fine wine... especially a beautiful wine that's robust and earthy, yet sweet and strangely compelling."

Is that romantic or what? I certainly have the robust thing going on! Aahh... I sure wouldn't mind hearing something like that from a man some day... especially considering the fact that I will likely be years older than I am now when someone finally comes along. (I'm trying to use positive words here, like "when" and not "if.")

The Nanny is enjoyable for me to watch because I can relate to her a little bit. She waits, for years, for Mr. Sheffield to finally notice her as more than just the nanny... and finally, he does!

No comments:

Post a Comment