Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Lord is My Provider

Two people from church showed up a couple of days ago. A mom and daughter came with a casserole for us and extra frozen food. As they were leaving another woman from church drove up with a Cash Wise box full of frozen meat and asked if I had room for it in my freezer. I couldn't believe it and was choked up and teary-eyed as I stared at all of the food and realized how much it would have cost me to go out and buy it. The really neat thing about this gift is that I had unplugged my freezer in the basement a few weeks ago when it became empty. Now the Lord has filled it up again!

It typically takes two incomes, in today's economy, to raise growing children and maintain a home and have a vehicle. We have been surviving on my income and sporadic child support since around 2001. In January of 2009, finances became extremely tight. My ex was laid off and I lost a significant amount of my net income which came from garnished child support. The kids and I have learned a lot about trusting in the Lord to meet our needs. Sometimes it's been scary wondering how we're going to make our last few bucks stretch between paychecks but the Lord has multiplied our dollars like He did with the loaves and fishes. I hope my children never have to live this way when they are grown. However, if they should encounter tough times, I hope they will remember when they were young and how the Lord came through for us, so that they will not be anxious, but will trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment