Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mighty Women of the Bible

There are these facebook quizzes you can take. I'm not sure who is writing them and what they are using for the research behind them. They're fun to take every once in awhile. I took one called "Which Mighty Woman of the Bible Are You?" and it came out as Sarah. Here's what it said for the results:

"Dedicated to your spouse/boyfriend, you would do anything for them. You also are a woman of faith, who takes God at His word. You have much wisdom, and are a role model to many other women, both young and old. Your life is filled with adventure, oft times and is unpredictable as you live a kind of "nomadic" existence as the Spirit leads."

I was surprised at the accuracy of the results because it is true that if I had a spouse/boyfriend, I would do anything for them. Taking God at His Word? Yes, I do that. When I read the Bible, I don't view it as just another book but as a Living Book. I believe that when I read the Bible, the words that are in it are as applicable for me personally as they were for those back in the time when it was written. Sometimes a verse will just leap off the page at me and strike my heart that I know the Lord is telling me that it is for me to claim.

My life is tough, but it has been filled with adventure and I try to follow the Spirit as He leads. When I graduated from GCU in 2008, I remember the baccalaureate service speaker telling us that if we give our lives to Christ, expect your life to become an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment